Zanussi Dishwasher DE6854 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me, my dishwasher will not do anything and is displaying the error code 'Protection against flooding is active' The dishwasher is just over 1 year old and when it is pulled out from under the sink there is water on the floor, can anyone tell me what the cause of this problem is, and how to fix/cost etc? zanussi want to charge a fortune for someone to look at it before labour and parts.
Thankyou :(

Sponsored Links
I know nothing about dishwashers but at a guess I'd have a look to see if anything's blocked. To protect against flooding presumably means that the machine can sense if there's still water in it or that it's not pumping away.

Also, try a getting a quote from a local repair firm rather than the manufacturer.

Thanks for the reply, I have someone coming out today to give me a quote, I will let people know what the problem is incase anyone else has the same problem. :)

Sponsored Links
The engineer called and the problem was one of the hoses had become loose under neath the dishwasher he simply replaced the clip that keeps it in place. Working fine again. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back