Zanussi FJD1266W bearings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a Zanussi FJD1266W that is about 3 years old, the bearings are now very noisy, can they be replaced on this model? (have searched the 'net but nothing for the FJD1266W is listed)
are they pressed in place or just a tight interferance fit?
what should the torque be on the bolt holding the pulley onto the drum?

This will be my first time repaing a washing machine, but i do have a great deal of mechanical / electrical knowledge.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The bearings can be drifted in and out after removing the outer drum, separating the two halves and removing the inner drum. If the front bearing has collapsed the broken bits sometimes damage the phosphor bronze bush for the bearing seal. In such cases the drum spider must also be renewed. The pulley bolt torque is not critical and I don't use a torque wrench but probably do it to about 20 lbft.

managed to get some bearings from Zanussi, is there a nack for getting the pulley bolt undone? i.e. do they need heating up etc, i've had an 18" breaker bar on it and it doesnt want to shift!

Just realised, your machine is one of the higher spin speed models which have larger bearings so please disregard the torque figure I mentioned. I do very few of these but lots of the 1000rpm machines which use 6204 and 6205 bearings. I can't say I've ever had a problem with the pulley bolt, you are turning it anticlockwise? A few weeks ago I went to help 3 young men trying to change a car wheel. They could not get the nuts loose until I explained that they were actually tightening them :LOL:

Sponsored Links
lol, yes im turning it anti clockwise, fair comment though,
i could try an impact driver, although didn't want to do that if at all possible!

when i was at hp, we put a U shaped piece of metal into the pulley spokes / tub moulding, a vey big ring spanner and push very hard, rarely had to hit spanner with a hammer

Fitted new bearing earlier in the week (bought them already fitted into a new rear half of the drum)
The old drum was a right ba****d to get the inner drum split from the outer half - due to the bearings rusting onto the shaft i assume.
Other than that it was quite straight forward, i even gave all the hoses a flush out whilst they were off.
I now have a machine that is much quieter than when it was brand new :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back