Zanussi Jetsystem Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks to good advice on here //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32670 I was able to locate the fault on my Zanussi Jetsystem 1200 washer.

Have just ordered a replacement valve and am trying to get the old one out, which is where I am stuck. The valve is mounted in a larger D shaped piece of plastic and I can't figure out how to release it.

Any hints and tips appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Sponsored Links
Release wiring from 3 sockets, unclip hoses from valve. Alas I can't remember exactly how to undo end at rear panel other than indicated in the reply of 12 December. The valve will be released but together with a small extension piece joining it to plastic insert in rear panel. Once you have the valve and extension piece out the extension piece can be unscrewed but it is tight. As stated in my reply of 12 December it may be very tight and one would think it shouldn't unscrew because of the shouder but it will!

Alas I can't remember exactly how to undo end at rear panel

Thanks for the quick reply sheer; at least it sounds like something humans can do. Unfortunately it's the bit you can't quite remember where I am stuck, and I normally think I am quite good at these things :oops:

I wonder if this attempt at a cross section through the assembly will help jog your memory so you can give me some further clues?

The dashed part is meant to be the threaded end of the valve and the part in blue may be your "plastic insert", but beeped if I can get it apart further.

Thanks,
Chris

GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
Got it :D

Drawing the diagram obviously inspired me. For the benefit of others, here is how it can be done:

1. Find a tool with about a 1cm blade, but not a sharp one. Most screw drivers are too narrow and I would fear for your plastic - I used an old and VERY blunt chisel.
2. From the inlet side, push one of the barbs of the blue clip inwards; avoid levering off the side wall of the D mounting plate too much as it's pretty thin. (The clip coloured blue in my dig. only has barbs on three sides and, for me, it seemed to work best working on one of the barbs next to the gap.)
3. Lever / twist the valve out of the D plate - voila.

Now I just need my new valve to arrive.

Chrisjs -Glad you got it apart. Unfortunately I did this repair to my sister in laws machine a few months back so I can't readily refer to it. I had no problem removing valve together with extension piece from plastic D insert on rear panel. My problem was unscrewing valve from this extension piece. The shoulders suggested that they would interfere with the square part of the valve. However in unscrewing the extension piece from the valve the shoulders simply rode up over the square end of the valve allowing the whole extension piece to be removed. I hope the rest of the repair works out for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back