Zanussi Oven Installation Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to install new oven. Have removed the connecting wire from my old oven and I'm trying to connect to the new one.

Have taken the back of the new Zanussi and cannot physically find where I am supposed to connect the three wires to on the new connection. Three screws remove from the box but can't for the life of me find where the wires are supposed to go in order to screw back in and connect!

I've uploaded two pictures. In my old oven the three wires slid up behind the connection which enabled me to insert the screws and tighten up. There seems to be nowhere on the Zanussi for the wires to slide into!

Can anyone help?!?

Sponsored Links
Sorry mate, uploaded now.

Cannot see where the connecting wires are supposed to slide into, any help much appreciated!

Is this a single oven, being fitted on a 13amp plug.
I cant make out your pictures, the incoming mains (if not on a 13a plug) should be twin & earth & connected by nuts & washers on a terminal post or 2 flat plates where you clamp the wires.

Sponsored Links
Not sure if I get this, but have you taken out the 3 terminal screws from the right hand pic?
The supply wire clamps beneath them, if you have.
John :)

Hi

Yes its a single oven on a 13amp plug.

Terminal posts and flat plates? Is this something I can be from B&Q and competently do myself or do you suggest and electrician?

I thought it would be simply a case of putting in the wires and tightening up similar to my old Whirpoool machine! Think I was wrong!

Burnerman has got it sorted I think.
I think the usual practice is the cooker would be supplied with the lead fitted.
You wont need to buy anything

Did the oven come with a 13A cable and plug on it. If it did that is what should be used to connect it up via either a 13A socket or a 13A FCU.

Hi John

Yip, removed the three screws from the right hand picture. Going by my old Whirlpool I expected at that point to simply slide in the wires and then tighten up the screws and that would be me in business!

I really think I'm missing something here, either in my head or with a missing part! I can't see how the wires clamp beneath this part?

Sorry if I'm being daft here guys or asking daft questions here I just can't see how this is supposed to work. Thanks for your patience!

It looks like you need to strip about 20mm of insulation from the cable (after cutting the crimped brass legs off), twist the wire strands tightly together and secure them under the screw. Wind the wire clockwise under the screw so the screw holds them tightly....if you get my drift!

Make sure - no stray wire strands, and keep the insulation just clear of the bottom of the screw i.e minimum of exposed wire. The terminal block has plastic dividers to prevent cross connection but do get it neat!
PS Send a pic of the finished work ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back