Zanussi washer dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My machine is about 3 years old. Last week on removing washing I noticed a large number of black marks on the washing. Did a second wash and same thing happened. The marks are like a black greasy mark. Nothing obvious although the spin cycle is quite noisy. The pattern of the black marks are similar to the holes in the drum. Any advice greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the drum bearings. When the seal fails, wash water gets into the bearings and washes out the grease. On your machine the outer drum has to be removed and dismantled to get at the bearings. You may find the machine leaks a small amount of rusty water and there will probably be rust marks down the back of the outer drum.

probaly, get several quotes, sometimes new m/c is cheaper, unless you diy, but its not an easy job

Sponsored Links
Think I'm going to go for the buy a new machine option. Sods law I get this problem fixed and another will occur. Can anyone recommend a reliable washing machine, don't really need a washer/dryer. Any particular make and model I should steer clear of? Any recommendations appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back