Zanussi wjd1667w drying problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as above the washing , spinning cycle is perfect but the drying cycle is not drying our clothes they are coming out cold and damp the drum is moving freely i did replace the drainage/waste pump 6 months ago for another fault . no fault codes just runs through the cycle but no heat it was a few days ago making a terrible growning noise and i am sure this has somthing to do with whats wrong i have already checked the filter and the plastic condenser inside the machine and they are both clean

thanks for any advice given

Sponsored Links
check to see if there is a heater cut-out button on the back of your machine.

check to see if there is a heater cut-out button on the back of your machine.

it is my fan motor , its almost like its seized but when you turn it it spins for a bit and then goes again

Sponsored Links
If the fan is not running the element will almost certainly have overheated.
There may be a resettable cutout somewhere on the heater ducting. The fan must run otherwise the heater will either overheat and trip or burn out.

If the fan is not running the element will almost certainly have overheated.
There may be a resettable cutout somewhere on the heater ducting. The fan must run otherwise the heater will either overheat and trip or burn out.

if there is it has reset itself as dryer exhaust is still getting hot but the heat was not getting to the drum which is when i noticed that the fan was not spinning , the motor must of been what was making the noise and when giving it a knock it started spinning unwillingly and transfered the heat to the drum . ordered a new motor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back