Zone 1 Extractor Fan with Shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to see if it is possible to buy a zone 1 extractor fan to go along side a shower mixer tap I wish to install?

The image below is not to scale, but shows the yellow circle as my current 240v extractor fan and the blue shows the new shower/mixer tap I wish to install (if possible)?.

zone_1_bath-shower.jpg

Confirmation of if possible would be great and any suggestions of which one to buy would be even better.

Many thanks

Happy.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks chivers76

Sorry it wasn't clear on that page which units were 12v, so I have emailed them.

However, with the close position of the fan and shower head, it is likely the fan will be splashed a bit. Would this be a problem even with 12v units?

Cheers

Happy.

Wish I was Chivers 76 I 'd still be in my 30's :LOL:

There's always going to be a risk that you'll get water jets in the unit with the fan monted there the Silent one below looks to be the best option imho

SLSD100CRZA.JPG

Sponsored Links
I know what you mean! If I was you, I would be chivers69. lol

The response came back from tlc and they advised the one suggested wasn't a ipx4, so couldn't really go with that one.
However they have suggested the xpelair sl100 Slimline Extractor Fan +Timer http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/perl/search.pl?search=xpsl which is IPX4 rated, they even gave me manufacturers contact details who confirmed this will do the job.

Though they have advised - "Splashing is fine, but it will not take direct jets".

So looks like this will be the one, just have to be a little careful. Though fan is a bit higher than shower head will be, so we should be ok.

Thanks again for all your help and advise.

Happy.

Product update - I have done a little more investigating and found the xpelair DX100t Extractor Fan with Timer. http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/XPDX100T.html

I contacted manufacture again and they have confirmed this would be a better option as it is rated ipx5 as it will protect against low pressure jets of water from all directions - limited ingress permitted.

Without moving the fan to the ceiling, there doesn't seem to be a better option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back