Zoning CH System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Small bungalow with joint granny flat.

The single Boiler CH system is feeding separate piping for each accommodation & each controlled by its own controller & motorised valve.

The flat's controller is wired & the other is a wireless one.

Both controllers are situated in the main accommodation, but in separate locations one in the bedroom & the other at the other end of the corridor.

What I want to know, if the controllers react to each other's operation, i.e if the operating time selected for the one is overlapping the other's timing when one comes to the end & switches Off what happens to the other's operation.

Difficult to put into words but, the key may lie in the fact that both controllers sense the same ambient temperature being in the same part of the house, while the flat may be cooler or hotter. ............ thanks .....nick

Sponsored Links
They are Honeywell & it should but is this side to adjust, set & run it for the old person.

Can you answer my question?

Sponsored Links
Are they both programmable thermostats? In which case they should at least operate independently according to their programmed times.

However as both are in the same house, should the main house become very warm causing both thermostats to switch off, the granny flat could end up being cooler than required, or the opposite could occur.

It will be difficult to get a stable balance in temperature between the two zones.

Thanx Jack,

Yes they are, Honeywell.

I will have to keep a regular eye then on the flat's actual temp. state. Much obliged, ..........nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back