alarm system which contacts you in case of emergency?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there such an alarm system that contacts you in case of an emergency with an automated message, if for example the building was on fire or an intruder was in the premises.
And if there is can anyone recomend ?

Thanks guys

thebigbadpad

Sponsored Links
Oh yes, BUT ......

what are you going to do when you're 200 miles away up the M1, kill yourself driving home too fast, or even stuck in that huge car park the M25 for 6hrs with no way to get off?

Just think about it, you'll find out quick enough from family, neighbours, police etc

... better information, calmer reaction.

its for my bussness.so it could call me,the manager, supervisors, police and fire brigade
The Police & Fire Service will not accept calls from the type of equipment that you are asking about.

If that is what you are really looking for a 'pro' company installation of the necessary equipment with all the obvious backup & servicing.

Fire & Intruder alarms I'm afraid connected to an ARC (Automated Receiving Centre), they'll also call the Key Holders as requested.

Hope this gives a better idea of what is required today.

Sponsored Links
okay cheers.
I just wanted to know if there was such products on the market because i realled coming across one once.
Thaks for your advice.
i will probably ask the professionals to do it no doubt,i find it better to understand the installation before i contact a contractor so i know if they are realiable or not.
Theres nothing worse than a cowboy.

much obliged

thebigbadpad

just for educational reasons and out of curiosity,how would you actually wire all these together under one roof to perform together in a system.
-smoke detector
-fire break point
-buzzer sounder
-burglar alarm
-emergency lights
-alarm voice dialler
would the use of contactors be involved.or is there certain products you have to obtain that are compatible with each other.

i have an idea in my head involving contactors but that could just be a bunch of B****CKS

cheers guys

if you just want it to call you or friends etc, any alarm system with dialler would do. Almost all the known brand have system with dialler.

If you want police response, you need system that conforms to 8243 (bit rusty with my standard so dont quote me on that :rolleyes: )
Such system needs to be connected to approved monitoring center. Also i would suggest video verification if thats your desired setup. In my opinon, police response is more about securing your building in the aftermath (hours), since the priority level is very low. Unless you live in South Africa where arm response QoS is within 2 minutes...

your 2nd question,

-smoke detector
-fire break point
-buzzer sounder
-burglar alarm
-emergency lights
-alarm voice dialler

Choose a panel that support all the above. Most branded panel on market support 1,3,4,6, Fire break point and emg light is supported by panel which have basic home automation features, i.e. fire break point is wired to trigger fire alarm, and light is trigger via an alarm output relay.

There are very affordable systems to do just that if you want to be contacted yourself and not to the Police.

The Yale DIY range of 6400 premium alarms will contact you via a landline with an automated message if either intruders or fire occursif you have the additional smoke detectors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back