Galaxy G2-12

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Does the above panel have a specific ren number. Ive just finished installing it and decided to connect it to the telephone line. Trouble is i already have four devices on my line. Would it make a difference as the panel will not be used for dialling in, just sms messages. I know these are unreliable, but thought in might give it a go.

Thanks

Airbus

Sponsored Links
Most alarm equipment designed for connection to the PSTN will have a REN of 1 usually. As you say though, it shouldn't really affect the line as the panel doesn't ring.

Galaxy G2-12 has a REN of 1.
As it does not ring it will not affect your system.

Thanks for the info guys, just two more questions, does the line need to be filtered or unfiltered with regard to broadband?

I assume you just enter the centre number and mobile numbers and leave all the telephone and stuff for arc connection alone?

many thanks

Airbus

Sponsored Links
It needs to be filtered,also first device if to defeat the answerphone.

Centre number and mobile yes.

Also centre numbers are unstable, no one seems to admit to them existing, daft I know. Entrusting a signalling device to a centre number is like doing the lottery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back