Galaxy G2 confusion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was planning to get a Pyronix Euro Mini, but it would be good to have more than 10 zones (four bed bungalow with four outside doors and a garage).

So the Galaxy G2 is looking promising, with 12 zones of of the box and, unlike the the Euro Mini, it is expandable. But the model range has me confused.

There is a kit, typically around £100, with the product code G2KPROX-01-C. This contains "G2-12 panel (C012-01-C), MK7LCD keyprox (CP038-01) & Proximity tags (YX0-0020)"

Then there's the C020-01-KPROX, around £150. This contains "G2-20 control panel (C020-01-C) & MK7 LCD Keypad with integrated ASK proximity reader (CP038-01)"

The Honeywell website, however, doesn't say anything about a G2-12 panel. The G2-20 is described as having 12 zones, expandable to 20. So is the G2-12 not expandable? Or is it an obsolete product that's only available in kits? Basically, what is the G2-12?

Another related question... Is the Mk8 keypad any better than the Mk7, other than in looks? The kits only include the Mk7.

Sponsored Links
I'm not an alarm expert but I have a G2-12 which I self-installed with some help from this forum. I'm pretty sure you need to buy an additional bit of kit to expand the G2-12 to be 20 zone - would this explain the extra £50? I don't know about the MK8 keypad but be aware the MK7 comes in two guises - one without keyprox compatibility, and IIRC the cheaper one doesn't have keypad volume control either.

My understanding

the G2-12 max 12 zones, G2-20 12 onboard and can expand to 20.

Sponsored Links
Agreed, no expansion on the G2-12. The mk8 keyprox has the same functionality as the MK7 keyprox, but with blue backlight and no door cover. Looks a bit like an oversized calculator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back