Menvier TS7500 alarm - telephone or email alarts possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Menvier TS7500 burglar alarm which I've just repaired and got working, but it doesn't have an option to phone me when the alarm is activated.

I found the area on the circuit which activates when the alarm sounds and wonder if there is some way of installing a device from the 12v feed which could call me when the alarm activates. Even better, would be a device I can plug into my network router which could email me if the alarm was activated.

I can't find anything online that would work except for very expensive new systems. I don't need a new system when the one I have works well.

Any ideas? Does anyone know of a simple device that could sent a message when an electrical current is detected?

Sponsored Links
I assume you mean TS500, Menvier don't make a TS7500.

SD1+ Speech Dialler, got deep pockets?

I assume you mean TS500, Menvier don't make a TS7500.

SD1+ Speech Dialler, got deep pockets?

It's a TS700.

I'm looking for a modern device to splice into the system. It doesn't need to be the SD1+ - any wireless or even wired device that can be activated on sensing a 12v feed would be sufficient.

Sponsored Links
As said a SD1+ is one of the cheapest ways of doing this.
Getting this to connect to a router would cost more than it was worth.
Google Speech Dialler for various makes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back