Securit 700L alarm problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys
got a old securit 700L alarm but some reason it won't set, its been turned off at the mains for some time as previous tenant had tampered with it, ive managed to stop it from sounding as one of the panic boxes was on. On the panel all i see is a flashing amber light TA, and two of the sensors are flashing no matter what i do it won't clear.

any ideas? i was just thinking of getting the whole thing replaced with a new honeywell system and a dialler gsm dialler., but if i can postpone it for a while by getting the old one working it would be a great help

thanks

Sponsored Links
Go to a shop and buy a 2.8AH 12 VDC battery. ( 2.8 as opposed to 7AH as its cheaper and you say this is short term)
Go home turn off the mains to the panel, the outside bell will probably ring.
Ignore it.
Put the new battery in making sure red to red black to black. Close lid turn on mains enter code, all done.
Make sure all panic buttons and doors if on the system are closed then try setting.
To reset put in code and #

User manual http://www.pstv.co.uk/700LUSER.pdf

If your code does not work try 1234, if this does not work you will need to reprogram. A engineer manual can be found on the net with a search.

Early post I know, call out for exactly the same issue you have. A non maintained system!!!

Hi mate, when the mains is off, the alarm doesn't ring at all, will try the new battery and see how i get on

cheers

If your sensors won't clear you may have a fuse blown in the panel. Check to see if they have a voltage going to them.

Sponsored Links
Thanks my illke budding "engineer", if I had of said that it would have been called trolling :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back