Texecom Odyssey 1E (SAB) question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right external Sounder box ... has 3 x 3 pin jumpers to configure, marked as follows.

[code:1]
ON ON
. .
|
. | |
JP1 JP2 JP3
[/code:1]

JP1 = Battery (ON/shorted)
JP2 = SAB (bottom two contacts shorted)
JP3 = LP (lower power, botton two shorted (i.e. high power)

So, issue is I think middle is if i have 2 sounders, BUT i only actually have 1. Its not clear which pins is the right one to have one SAB. Can anyone advise on right seetting for middle pin (JP2) with only 1 sounder?

Sponsored Links
Did you mean , "right " I have a sounder?

Or my "right" sounder?

It is pretty clear and if you have not touched them you have a single SAB.

sorry for the confused post. I have 1 sounder. What I dont understand is what position the jumper JP2 (marked SAB) should be in. At the moment its in factory default (bottom two pins).

The battery and LC (low power) are clearly marked which pins are "ON" but there is nothing for the middle set of pins which control if there there is an extra sounder (which i DONT have). I want sounder to draw all power from Panel and not battery, i understand volume is decreased when using battery and I have only 1 sounder anyway (for now).

Odd also there is no installation guide in the box or PDF online. Texecom panel PDF was easy to find (but i have printed book obviously, but the sounder install manual seems elusive). Perhaps there is none as its so simple, baring this one pin.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back