Bosch Ceramic Hotplate Connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm trying to replace one of the hotplate elements (Bosch 180mm 2000w hilight 644726) on my Neff Hob (T1373S0/01).

I've received the replacement part but the new one has 5 connections on the wiring block compared to 2 on the old one as you can hopefully see on the photos (in my album named 'bosch hotplate').

I suspect the larger number of connections is to cater for multi-phase power but I have no idea how to wire it up to the existing 2 wires. No other connectors came with the new hotplate.

Could somebody help please?

Thanks Joe

Sponsored Links
You might get some help if you had posted in teh correct forum.

Your problem is not electrical.

Your hob is an APPLIANCE.

I'll ask mods to move you to Appliances, but they'll all be in the pub now!

I suspect one white block is the connections to the element and the other device is a safety thermal trip that prevents the element overheating.

If the device with the extra two terminals is the safety thermal trip then the extra terminals may may be a separate switch that is used for some purpose in other types of oven.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks guys.

Hopefully we can get some further clarification in the appliance forum. Apologies for the incorrect placement...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back