Bosch Excel 1600 Express. Replaced pump now drum not spinnin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The machine (Bosch Excel 1600 Express WFX 3267GB/11) was operating normally except the pump was not fully emptying the drum so I purchased a generic replacement and fitted it. Now the pump is working fine but the drum isn’t spinning!

The water fills and I can hear clicking noises as it progresses through its cycles but the drum doesn’t move at all and the motor is not running.

I thought that perhaps when I laid the machine on its side I may have affected some kind of sensor that stops the drum spinning if out of balance. Is this plausible?

With the machine in its operating position I have manually rotated the drum several times. I have tried this with the machine both switched on and off. The drum rotates freely and there aren’t any unusual noises.

Is it possible that a generic, rather than Bosch pump isn’t sending the correct “signals”?

Apart from that I’m stumped. Any suggestions please?

Cheers

Peter
Derma Shield

Sponsored Links
The pattern pump has nothing to do with the problem.
Take a look at the brushes, make sure the motor connector plug is tight, & check the belt is in place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back