Hotpoint WD420 Drying problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All, I have a fault with the washer/drier that has me puzzled.

It first stopped drying, giving no heat and clothes were still wet, so removed the back, removed the pump and bottom hose to clean out the filter which was clogged, reassembled the machine and checked the heater element with a multimeter which was fine.

I found that the stat nearest the front of the heater box measured o/c, so reset it by inserting a fine needle, then tested the machine.

It now heats up again in drying cycle, but seems to run fine on low heat setting, but when the "drying high heat button" is selected, it seems to run fine for about 15 mins, then starts to spin, then after a while it also gives the error code lights of 1, 2, and 4, together with a flashing on/off light.

I presume this is error code f13 which is dryer ntc/ fan motor .
Would this possibly be the other stat that is faulty, and hence the machine is overheating, or is it some other problem.

Also the clothes seem very damp still.

Sponsored Links
Check the fan make sure it's not loose also clear fluff from fan blades

thanks for the reply, since my last post i have removed the heater box, cleaned the lint filter at the rear, checked the fan, it is nice and clean, spins well and does not catch anything, is it possible it could be the drier NTC?

Sponsored Links
The Ntc pops when it gets too hot ie fluff build up or stalling fan. If its clean observe the fan motor for a while does it stall or stop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back