New Beko Washer cuts out when trying to spin?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have just got a new Beko washer yesterday. Got it in and did 2 was loads, no problem.
Came to do another one today and we noticed something was wrong with the machine.
When the machine tries to spin, on any cycle, it just cuts out. It tries, spins for a couple of seconds, then winds to a holt.
I have checked the hose, filter, drain etc. I have also tried spinning the machine empty, but im just getting the same result.

I am aware that the machine does have a detection system if its unbalanced. There is slight movement when it tries to spin, nothing major though. Could this be the problem?

Any advice would be appreciated before i call Beko.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I certainly will be doing in the morning, just making sure im not missing anything before i do!

Cheers

Allan

Best thing to do is read the instructions cover to cover. Just incase you have missed something.

Not that us men ever do read the instructions ;)

Andy

Sponsored Links
sounds like its cutting out on out of balance load protection. Maybe there is a fault and its too sensitive? or are you loading it upto the gunnels with towels, sheets and other stuff?

No, only a standard load in there. I even tried it empty, and still got the same result.

If it is cutting out due to the balance load protection feature, its either faulty like you say, or seriously sensative. The washer when stood turned off, is perfectly stable, i.e it cant be rocked due to unlevel feet etc, there is no movement what so ever. When the machine is on, it vibrates as would any other machine. There may be slight movement in the floor due to the vibrations but no more than any other timber floor!!

Thanks for the reply

Allan

get it exchanged, your within 14 days. It sounds pants. Dont settle for the usual 'oh we will have to send an engineer out and it will be 10 days time' just stay firm and demand an exchange because your within 14 days and if its got problems already......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back