Washing machine cutting power at spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine is cutting power on several circuits in my house when it hits spin - it's not every time but about 50/50.

I had the motor changed and carbon brushes replaced but the problem hasn't gone away, nor got much better.

If I put the power back on and let the machine continue from the poor it died it usually works and the cycle completes.

There doesn't seem to be a link with overall usage of power, load weight or spin power.

The machine is a Beko WMA767S.

Sorry for the poor terminology.

Sponsored Links
could it be a problem with the trip switch / power supply and not your washing machine?

the extra demand of power to spin faster could be overloading it.

is it tripping an rcd?

Sponsored Links
After much sodding about, it seems to be pulp related.

When there a full load (particularly lots of moisture holding materials) it's more likely to fail. If I remove some clothing and run a "drain" cycle it generally runs fine on spin.

I had to move the waste and found the pipe was clogged with gunk. I've now re-routed and it's much better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back