Removing motor from Bosch Classixx 1400 Express wash mach

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to remove the motor from my grand daughters Bosch ClassiXX 1400 Express washing machine but I can't find a way in. There is a small oval shaped inspection plate on the back of the machine to change the belt but I cannot take the back off to get access to the motor. The back and sides seem to be spot welded together. Does any one know how to do this? Do I need to get access for the motor from the front?

I would welcome some advice.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

Thanks for your kind comments which indicate :( that I can only remove the motor from the back of the machine. I have looked at the espares web site and the process looks easy showing the lower have of the back panel being removed. My granddaughters washing machine does not have this removalable panel. The back of the machine is one solid piece and spot welded to the sides. However there is a small egg shaped inspection panel which can be removed to expose the belt. I don't think that I can remove the motor through this as access to the motor is very limited. Has anyone else experienced this problem and solved it?

Thanks again for your help.

Sponsored Links
If you can lean the machine forward up against the wall or something similar you will find it easier to remove the two screws holding the motor on.Also there will be a gap under the machine to get the motor out.

I would strongly advise wearing gloves to do it as the edges where the back panel is removed from is very sharp.

If you can lean the machine forward up against the wall or something similar you will find it easier to remove the two screws holding the motor on.Also there will be a gap under the machine to get the motor out.

I would strongly advise wearing gloves to do it as the edges where the back panel is removed from is very sharp.

Thanks for this. I will have a go. I must say I am surprised at Bosch coming up with a design like this. It had not been designed to be maintenance friendly.

Thanks again

I agree, they are a pain to work on but Bosch never seemed that bothered about easy maintenance. With the older ones you have to dismantle the motor to change the brushes. You are supposed to change the whole brush holder / rear casting as well but I used to solder in new brushes.

I agree, they are a pain to work on but Bosch never seemed that bothered about easy maintenance. With the older ones you have to dismantle the motor to change the brushes. You are supposed to change the whole brush holder / rear casting as well but I used to solder in new brushes.

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

You can remove the motor by placing the machine on its side and then removing the bottom cover plate. This is simply held on with 8 screws. The motor is the accessible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back