Doorbell through home cinema system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a simple home audio set up at home. Ceiling speakers in lounge, kitchen and a couple in dining room. It's connected up to a normal sound system with an amp that splits up the rooms etc.

Is there anyway I can install a wireless doorbel that would send a signal to some kind of AV input on the back of the sound system in the kitchen cuboard? bear in mind we could be watching the telly/listening to music when someone comes to the door.

Ta :cool:

Sponsored Links
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

I know a way you could have the speakers drop off and then you can hear the bell.

So it mutes when the bell sounds?

Or they fall out the ceiling when someone rings the bell? :mrgreen:

Either :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wireless bell, relay and a cut into the speaker cable.
Bell rings and speaker cuts out as bell rings.

Might be other ideas but thats a easy (ish) one.

Sponsored Links
Is there anyway I can install a wireless doorbel that would send a signal to some kind of AV input on the back of the sound system in the kitchen cuboard? bear in mind we could be watching the telly/listening to music when someone comes to the door.

Take the audio output from the doorbell receiver to the common of the AV input selector switch.

If that's not accessible, and you don't have pre-out/amp-in links on the back, try connecting across the volume control of one channel.

Use a divider netwok to get the right sort of volume without overloadnig the amplifier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back