Laguna Door showing open.... its not... help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi..

I have today developed a problem with my 04 Laguna. The car is saying that the rear o/s door is still open when it isnt. The interior lights remain on, the footwell lights remain on and the door light is illuminated and the small picture of the car which shows which doors are open is indicating that the rear o/s door is open.

I can confirm, it isnt open. I have checked for things jammed in it and checked the seals and all seems ok with them. Has anyone got any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

Dougie

Sponsored Links
im not sure but i think the switch is incorporated in the motor itself, someone may be able to confirm. I would first inspect the wiring through to the door from pillar as it can break, if no problems here then it may be a door panel off time to lubricate the locking mechanism see if that helps.

Thankyou both...

Somewhat weirdly, the door issue has resolved itself, maybe suggesting the microswitch had got stuck.. I shall keep an eye on it..

Thanks

Dougie

Sponsored Links
go round the door locks with some spray style 3 in 1 oil, open and close the door a few times after you have sprayed it in.

Back