Conservatory - Mid ter House Advice needed Please Urgent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I am looking to get a conservatory done to the rear of my house..
what do i need to do re planning
the conservatory company say they will get the paperwork sorted and hand it to my neighbour on the very monday they plan to start the work? is this correct? and ok to do
the conservatory will be on my side of the partywall by 2 inches once completed inc the guttering
but I need to know what is the right way to plan this all
any advice please
as i am told it do not need any planning as it is within the allowed size i.e. 3mrts out from the back wall into my garden
but do i need my neighbours ok to do the build? or has it got sweet fa to do with him as it is within my boundary line/partywall
and it is just a case of making him aware that this is going to be donw. I read that 2 months notice is needed?
please advise

Sponsored Links
Party wall act depends on the depth of your foundation. If it's less than your neighbours house foundation and you don't encroach over the boundary then you don't need to serve notice.

This assumes your conservatory does fall under permitted development - which it most likely does.

hi there
yes it will be within the limits of allowance for doing and I would guess the foundations are going to be far less than the house foundations as it is not as large. i would have thought.

Hi there.
just thinking re the design
we are having a wall that will run along the party wall line with little non opening windows running along the top which meets the roofline of the con, but can they object to this

Sponsored Links
hi there
yes it will be within the limits of allowance for doing and I would guess the foundations are going to be far less than the house foundations as it is not as large. i would have thought.

Be careful in assuming this. Your foundation depth may not be deep but conversely it's not uncommon for houses to have extremely shallow foundations. You'll have a better idea if you excavate a trial hole to your foundation (along the line of your extension).

Hi there.
just thinking re the design
we are having a wall that will run along the party wall line with little non opening windows running along the top which meets the roofline of the con, but can they object to this

If the conservatory is being built under PD and is exempt from Building Regulations, there's no one to object to, other than you. Having a polite chat with your neighbour would probably go a long way though.

many thanks for the info and advice, I will look into this over the weekend

removed as i have repeated this
sorry
see other OP re boundary issues from me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back