Internal minimum distance between walkway and 2 rooms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Using a free 3d room designer just a quicky whats the spec for a walkway between 2 rooms, 1 room will be a downstairs bedroom then a walkway between a downstairs shower room- toilet cheers

Thanks all

clubb699

Sponsored Links
haven't go a clue
if there's a stair involved the same width
if its disables access then wheelchair plus a few inches
or the width off a doorway plus a couple off inches so 800mm perhaps :D

also remember the minimum required may stop all but flatpack furniture :eek:

havent go a clue if theres a stair involved the same width
if its disables access then wheelchair plus a few inches
or the width off a doorway plus a couple off inches so 800mm perhaps :D

also remember the minimum required may stop all but flatpack furniture :eek:

ooooo nooo good point with the wheel chair access think my plans have been stopped untill the architect comes. The plan i was doing was to have the back door to the garden linking to a 700mm walkway to the side of the house for wheely bin and push bike access dont think that will be permitted thinking about it now :cry:

Thanks though

There is no legal minimum width for walkways; it's what your'e prepared to put up with. If you do want a walkway instead of building up to the boundary, you want to be able to get down it without breathing in and walking sideways :LOL:

Sponsored Links
There is no legal minimum width for walkways; it's what your'e prepared to put up with. If you do want a walkway instead of building up to the boundary, you want to be able to get down it without breathing in and walking sideways :LOL:

Ok thanks ;)

think we need to remember that alterations must not reduce the ability to escape in case off a fire [subjective i know lol]

wheelchair width is only in commercial situations [this does include domestic accommodation that will be used in case off fire escape connected with the business

think we need to remember that alterations must not reduce the ability to escape in case off a fire [subjective i know lol]

wheelchair width is only in commercial situations [this does include domestic accommodation that will be used in case off fire escape connected with the business

Excellent thought bigall i have gone back to my original plan now, i have decided to have plenty of excess out the back door by having it out to the back garden rather than down the narrow walkway ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back