space between bath and toilet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Apologies if this question has been asked before, but I can't find the answer I'm looking for.

What is the minimum distance between the side of a bath and a wall hung toilet? As the bath is fairly low and there would be room for shoulders and elbows, can this distance be less than the 38cm that is usually required between a side wall and a WC?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Kitchen and Bathroom Association Centre recommend 385mm from centre of WC to a wall and 300mm minimum centre of WC to a bath. In our opinion this is a bit tight if you have large rump. Not saying that you have. :D
oldun

There is no minimum distance. You can install it in to whatever space you have available

There is no minimum distance. You can install it in to whatever space you have available

Totally agree with you woody, how ever do not feel that if the only space you had available was between the fridge and freezer, would be considered acceptable.
We only suggested the recommendations by the Kitchen and Bathroom Centre, how ever if someone wishes to site the side of the WC tight against the bath and sit with one leg in the bath, then by all means have some.
oldun :D

Sponsored Links
No expert but IMO the best thing to do is place the loo where you think it could go then sit on it. If you have room all around then fine, if not then consider moving it if you can.

Although I imagine that the soil pipe location is a major contributing factor because those pesky floor joists always get in the way :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back