Linking conservatory from house to outbuilding? possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With the new permitted development rights coming into practice in October it got me wondering...

We have a brick outbuilding 6m away to the rear of the house.

With the new permitted developments allowing conservatories etc to extend up to 6m to the rear of the house, would it then be feasible to add a 6m conservatory which would then actually be linked to both the house AND the outbuilding?

Any info on whether this is possible without the council taking a fit would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
assuming the 50% rule is still in place would that effect your plans??
as in no more than 50% off the garden area as built or as 1947?? can be covered by extensions decking or other outbuildings including garages sheds greenhouses or similar without planning permission

Sponsored Links
I saw cleggy on the news last night, apologising to all the student for not getting free tuition that he promised if he got into power. Means nothing yet as Freddy said.

With the new permitted development rights coming into practice in October ..

What's this all about?

http://www.cnplus.co.uk/news/sector...jobs-in-housing-boost/8635390.article[/QUOTE]

Hi Big-all - like the world and his wife I was aware of the new proposals, but was making the point that the OP stated that they were coming into effect in October; thought for one moment that I'd missed something!
The 6m/8m lengths for rear extensions have been bandied about, but my guess is that after the consultation process, these will be considerably reduced. LPAs will fight this tooth and nail, ostensibly on planning grounds but in reality to maintain their workload and jobs.
Exactly the same thing happened the last time the pd rules were amended The WYG report recommended larger rear extensions, but their proposals were of course watered down.
I suspect the OP and a lot of other would-be extenders are going to be disappointed.

high tony :D
politics aside as all parties do it

they seem to make announcements in the press or let "substancial leaks" give them a free survey
it also allows them to come up with horrific ideas where pure horror would get them voted out but because people thought something that was bad is now watered down to around half they feel they have far less pain
so the idea that would have them voted out at that level now seems to be a bargain because they went for the jugular as the first aim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back