porches and building regs/planning permission

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
This year I am planning on building a small porch onto the front of my property. Other houses on the street and surrounding street have them also.
My plan was a single skimmed stone wall on the front and the side of the property that we will see, and a block and render wall at the other side.
I am planning a UPVC window to the front elevation and a UPVC door on the side (I will retain the existing UPVC door).
I will be putting a 'stud' wall inside so that I can insulate with rockwool (or similar) and the roof will be pitched and slated (insulated again).
Rough sizes are 6' deep (away from the house), 5' wide (across the house) and 8'6" tall (on the house dropping down to 7' to allow a roof pitch).

Would planning permission be required and any building regulations I will have to adher to?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Was there something you're not sure about, I'm sure some of us can help you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back