room with no window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a single storey extension for a kitchen. there will be a wall between the old kitchen and the extension so therefore i belive you caanot have a bedroom there. But if I put a window can i convert this room in a bedroon even if the bedroom opens to the new extension?

Sponsored Links
Its not that it needs a window, but that it needs an alternative means of escape

Aren't there also rules about natural light ?
In one of those programs about the history of London's streets, they seemed to be showcasing this guy (Cypriot I think) who'd built up an extensive portfolio of properties - including a lot of "build first, argue about PP later" that he'd got away with. One property they showed was in a basement - 11 flats under a shop. They had tiny slit windows at pavement level outside, ceiling level inside - he said the standard was "able to read a newspaper". The kitchens and bathrooms had no windows at all.

EDIT: I got the feeling he'd have been happy to covert cellars with no windows if he could get away with it !

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back