wall support

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we have lived in our house a few years now every so often i have to decorate as the ceiling keeps cracking. when a friend looked at it he told me that its where someone has taken an 8ft window for the opening to the extension and there is no support. 1 what sort of support do i need 2 do i need it inspected 3 is it a diy job or an arm and a leg job? thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
someone has taken an 8ft window for the opening to the extension and there is no support.

1 What does this mean?
2 Is that where it is cracking?
3 Are these cracks just following the plasterboard edges, or a straight line across the ceiling?

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply. sorry for not making myself clear. The cracks appear where the window was taken out from the outside wall of the original house,the cracks follow the lines of the outside wall cavity and inside wall across the length of the opening.Hope this explains everything.
thank you

If a window was only taken out, then there will be a lintel already up there, and it may be just a case of poor plaster work to the area

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back