Wondering what regs I need

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I am planning this year on extending into the existing outbuilding like all of neighbours have done.
I have a couple of questions for you good folk.

The tasks that need to be done are.

Install new back door
Remove slate from roof and rebattern felt and I believe insulate before plastering.
Install RSJ
New waste pipe I same location as existing soil pipe, I think, current one is from outside toilet and will become the inside toilet.
Dig out floor and install new floor half is suspended timber and half is currently about 2 inch cement covered in brick and then inside bit has tales over the top.
New stud walls I believe with insulation on any external walls.

My question is that this will prob take all year working on it step by step.
Would it be better for my builder to apply for the building regs all at once or at each step?

Does each application cost?
Is there a time limit on each step?
I only ask as I will do each step bit by bit when I afford each step.

Tanks all for any input

Sponsored Links
Hi there
Thanks for the reply
Is a building notice saying I am going to do the following work and they will inspect when done or after everything is done?

They inspect at stages just the same, but with a notice you don't have to submit plans for approval - you just give a written description of the work.

Sponsored Links
They inspect at stages just the same, but with a notice you don't have to submit plans for approval - you just give a written description of the work.

Sorry to intrude Woody

does this apply on a new build too? i.e if you got planning permission can you just start building on a notice? I got a building notice form come back with my granted planning application. how does it work from here?

mine is not a house mind you its commercial its a small single story timber frame office workshop?

Sorry to intrude Woody

does this apply on a new build too? i.e if you got planning permission can you just start building on a notice? I got a building notice form come back with my granted planning application. how does it work from here?

mine is not a house mind you its commercial its a small single story timber frame office workshop?
Ahh OK I just read your other new thread I thought this was a dinky office in the back garden, yes full plans is the route to take.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back