Concrete garage experiences - Hanson? Nucrete?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I've received quotes from both Hanson and Nucrete for a non-standard sized concrete lean-to garage/workshop. I have some local companies to follow up also, but does anyone have an experience of Hanson or Nucrete?

Any feedback - recommendations or criticisms?

There's not much in the way of reviews on the web, but I'm about to spend £3,000 on something permanent that needs to last 10+ years. I wouldn't want to buy from the wrong company!

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Sponsored Links
Hi Chris,

I looked around the web and contacted all the major players on there, i came across Nucrete as you have done and liked the customer pages and what they had to offer. I took delivery of a 36'3 long by 20'5 wide garage approx 6 weeks ago and i have to say it is an excellant building. I spoke to a young lady called Sharon on the telephone and via email and she kept me in the loop at all times, my building as delivered on the said day in 1 and half days and i have to say worth every penny.

When i asked Sharon about the other manufactures in the market she never criticised any which i though was very professional, she said that they all did i really good job. It is a shame more companies dont work this way!

Anyway you will do well choosing Nucrete. Good luck pal.

I have had a very bad experience with hanson garages.

Although I sympathise with your experiences, it sounds like most of your problems are down to the fitter, rather than Hanson themselves. None of what you describe is down to the manufacturing of the components.

that they all did i really good job. It is a shame more companies dont work this way! Anyway you will do well choosing Nucrete. Good luck pal.

Hmmm...you registered just to post that message. I thank you, but you don't work for Nucrete by any chance? ;)

Sponsored Links
Spam, hmm whois says HANSONGARAGESLEAK.COM was created yesterday -

Updated Date: 18-dec-2011
Creation Date: 18-dec-2011
Expiration Date: 18-dec-2012

Looks like someone working for or on behalf (more likely) nucrete or another company has decided they need to generate a bit of negativity towards their competitors.

Unless of course they expect us to check this in which case they are using reverse psychology but on the assumption they are not on that basis i'd choose Hanson or someone completely different!

This thread is a total spam target, it ranks as the number one discussion post on Google for searches relating to Nucrete and/or Hanson. An SEO'ers or spammers dream...a high-ranking page on Google that you can post to for free!

Looks like someone working for or on behalf (more likely) nucrete or another company has decided they need to generate a bit of negativity towards their competitors.

I'm not so sure, spammers tend not to leave full registrant details:
http://whois.domaintools.com/hansongaragesleak.com[/QUOTE]

Not very bright ones probably exist :D

The original post has gone!

that they all did i really good job. It is a shame more companies dont work this way! Anyway you will do well choosing Nucrete. Good luck pal.

Hmmm...you registered just to post that message. I thank you, but you don't work for Nucrete by any chance? ;)

I was under the impression that somebody wanted some advice on the purchase of a concrete garage and that is why i decided to give the person my experience and also a picture of my garage, as i stated Nucrete never criticised any other company and it was in my opinion as a purchaser that it is a shame that other companies do not feel the need to slate other companies in there profession. As for me working for Nucrete or a similar company, thought a forum was for customers to share there thoughts, obviously this appears not to be the case!

Regards

Allan

I'm not so sure, spammers tend not to leave full registrant details:
http://whois.domaintools.com/hansongaragesleak.com[/QUOTE]

Not very bright ones probably exist :D

And this one is obviously not very bright. He's easily traceable via 192.com

It seems then that the comments posted by www.hansongaragesleak.com are real too then!

It is a shame that people ask for comments on a forum then you are slated for posting, as a 72 year old man who is new to the internet and thought i was helping others and feel a little disheartened, anyway on a brighter note i will be lining my building in the new year and will be looking for some advise on this in the new future.

Regards

Allan

Allan, your post came at a similar time to what to me still appears to be a real spam post. I've frequented internet forums for years and it is common when new posters arrive and say something either very positive or negative it arouses suspicion, there is no slight on you if you are legit although i understand why you feel that way, but please dont be concerned and carry on posting your, all legit posts are welcome!

Allan, your post came at a similar time to what to me still appears to be a real spam post. I've frequented internet forums for years and it is common when new posters arrive and say something either very positive or negative it arouses suspicion, there is no slight on you if you are legit although i understand why you feel that way, but please dont be concerned and carry on posting your, all legit posts are welcome!

If i am online at the time you write your posts i appear to be a 'real spammer' not sure what that means or why it is perceived when you write a review that there is a motive for doing this. But at my age have never been afraid to give opinion and will continue to do so. If somebody gives me good service i applaud them if they dont i tell them, sorry it is the generation i was brought up in!

Regards

Allan

It is a shame that people ask for comments on a forum then you are slated for posting, as a 72 year old man who is new to the internet and thought i was helping others and feel a little disheartened,
Unfortunately it is the way of the internet forum that someone seemingly goes to effort of joining a forum to only provide a positive response about a particular product they may be viewed as a potential spammer. There's no offence meant if you are genuine and its not personal but this happens all too often. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back