Is this correct insulation method?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a single brick garage that is attached to my house that I'm converting into living space. I am planning to internally insulate the walls using foil/foil insulation boards.
This is the method I plan to use, is this correct? And is anything missing that I need?

1. I'm going to place a panel of timber right at the top part of the wall and the bottom part of the wall.

2. Coat the wall in PVA Adhesive glue and let it dry.

3. Mix up Gypsum based plasterboard adhesive and dot and dab method on the walls.

4. Place insulation boards to the wall and secure down.

5. Once set and secure, place plasterboard on top via drilling the plasterboard into the top and bottom timber battons on the wall.

Am I missing anything? Any extra tips to bear in mind? Do I need insulation tape?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Are you doing this under Building Control? What is the single skin material? Brick/block/rendered? Does it leak? What's the PVA for?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back