mortar base/dpc/timber frame

M

munchingB

hi

i have to lay a mortar on top of a course of blocks to lay the dpc on which will be topped by a timber frame.

problem being that my timbers have a slight curve to them, maybe 10mm up in the middle so im wondering what you would do to get the timber flat on the mortar?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Are the recipient blocks solid?

If so, pop a 100mm screw through or strap it down with bent straps.

i did want to get the mortar be level with the timber sole plate...but that isnt happening so i just get the bed level with a straight timber and tamp it and leave the sole plate until the mortar is dry?
its ok to put the sole plate on soon as the mortar is dry?

cheers

Sponsored Links
i laid this bed of mortar, used a timber to level it, then laid the timber on top and it has made my spirit level completely drunk...the wood being bent.

the mortar is now hard enough to get the level off the actual mortar without the bendy timber on top so ive scraped mms off here and there and its pretty much straight as i'll need it to be.

hoping that i havnt compromised the mortar by interfering with it at this late stage?

obviously i am a complete pro builder dude!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back