OK to seal OSB with Bitumen?

It's not decking mate. It's the foundation for the shed. Just the very end 20cm drops off. But I wanted the foundations in solid ground rather than the slabs.

Sponsored Links
It's not decking mate. It's the foundation for the shed. Just the very end 20cm drops off. But I wanted the foundations in solid ground rather than the slabs.

I get that it is not decking.
My understanding is that you are trying to protect the OSB bit that will stick out from back of the shed (and sides?) from rain. My thought was to cover it with DPM, then a couple of decking boards to hold it all down and make it look tidy.

"A drain for sink and power". Building regulations will be required for drain connection and the electrics need competent design for safety, especially as you have a metal shed. (one of the sparks on this site may comment further on this)

Sponsored Links
"A drain for sink and power". Building regulations will be required for drain connection and the electrics need competent design for safety, especially as you have a metal shed. (one of the sparks on this site may comment further on this)

The "drain" is literally a hole in the floor that is above an existing outdoor drain.
The power was already there in the last shed from years ago.

Cut back all the OSB that will be uncovered, and replace with deckboards. This is your only sensible option, otherwise you'll be putting your foot through it after a few wet spells.

Cut back all the OSB that will be uncovered, and replace with deckboards. This is your only sensible option, otherwise you'll be putting your foot through it after a few wet spells.

That's a good idea. I could just buzz round the shed with a ripsaw set to 18mm. Easy. How dear are decking boards?

The "drain" is literally a hole in the floor
That will be handy for insects & vermin.

The power was already there in the last shed from years ago.
Yes, but now you have a metal framed building, so you need to know the requirements for that. And for the route of any concealed cables, and RCD protection for sockets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back