Rain water in garage - Help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a concrete sectional garage, rendered on the outside with mortar fillets on the outside where the panels meet the floor.

The garage has gutters leading to a drain.

The concrete floor is the same height as the outer concrete floor but the outer slopes away from the inner.

It is up against a tree and a neighbours garage so I can't get to this side.

When we get heavy rain the water appears to come in from where the walls meet the floors, seeps under the panels leading to puddles of water in the garage.

I need to find something cheap to stop water getting in as my stuff is getting damp.

I was thinking some sort of sealant or mortar mixed with something on the inside? or a tanking slurry?

I really am unsure but need the water gone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like the builder messed up with his floor - there probably should have been a step down at the edge (a photo would help).
If it's just dribbling in, I should think some waterproofing slurry or sealant or bitumen paint on the inside would be sufficient.

I have lost count of the amount of times i have commented on this exact problem.

Concrete sectional garage - concrete slab with toe - mortar fillet protection - leaking joint.

Have a look on the search and there will be a trillion posts on the subject.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back