Sink drain attached to shower waste under concete floor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

I've run one of these for the shower waste,

71960.jpg

It has a 110mm pipe connected vertically. This will be covered over by insulation then 100mm concrete. I wanted to sink the sink waste in the concrete also and connect it to the vertical of the P trap. Would a pipe boss strap and boss be suitable or is there a better solution?

Thanks in advance

James

Sponsored Links
better solution - put that outside of the house - not under the floor slab , or is it too late :cry:

it's not too late, have not put the slab down yet, would just mean running it all the way round the extension to the other side.

I guess it's only small extension

You can run the pipe through the extension and lintel over. But best to route it outside the extension if possible.

Sponsored Links
If that gulley is for a wetroom floor, you may be better off with something like this McAlpine trap.
TSG2T-B_5.jpg

Just fits a vertical 4" pipe. Accepts a round or square grille to taste. The trap lifts out of the top for cleaning. No need for the 'P' trap under the floor slab then.

The top flange is designed to screw down over sheet flooring /tanking membrane to keep that joint watertight too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back