1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

Sink drain attached to shower waste under concete floor.

Discussion in 'Building' started by cox377, 26 Mar 2012.

1. cox377

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello guys,

I've run one of these for the shower waste,

[​IMG]

It has a 110mm pipe connected vertically. This will be covered over by insulation then 100mm concrete. I wanted to sink the sink waste in the concrete also and connect it to the vertical of the P trap. Would a pipe boss strap and boss be suitable or is there a better solution?

Thanks in advance

James

2. Nige F

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    better solution - put that outside of the house - not under the floor slab , or is it too late :cry:

3. cox377

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    it's not too late, have not put the slab down yet, would just mean running it all the way round the extension to the other side.

I guess it's only small extension

4. SALL2009

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You can run the pipe through the extension and lintel over. But best to route it outside the extension if possible.

5. TicklyT

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If that gulley is for a wetroom floor, you may be better off with something like this McAlpine trap.
    [​IMG]

Just fits a vertical 4" pipe. Accepts a round or square grille to taste. The trap lifts out of the top for cleaning. No need for the 'P' trap under the floor slab then.

The top flange is designed to screw down over sheet flooring /tanking membrane to keep that joint watertight too