corner edge repair before repainting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive moved this from the plastering forum as I think I posted in the wrong area.

I have an overhead cupboard in my flat which houses a watertank which is part of the pluming system.
Its a plywood construction which is built into the ceiling of the main corridor in the flat.

The paint finish along lower 90 degree corner edge has be come uneven and cracked and started to flake away in some places as you will see in the attached pics.

I want to make this area smooth and good for repainiting but im not sure the best way to go about it. The plywood does not appear to have been plastered/skimmed as it looks like the flaky point goes straight back to the wood.

i was thinking of using easi fill along the corner edge but would it be just easier to skim the entire area? ( its only 80X110cm)

can any one sugest how best to repair and prep this area prior to repainting it?

Thanks View media item 80238
View media item 80237

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back