Flashing Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just put in a 4 lamp Flos Compass Box ceiling light, fitted with 4 x Philips Masterline Halogen 12V R111 60W bulbs and wired in a Lutron 450 W/VA Digital Dimmer. All three items say they are dimmer capable.

However, when I plug them in the light starts flashing. It doesn't seem to do this when the dimmer is set low but as soon as you take the light level up high then it just flickers on and off.

Can someone help?

James

Sponsored Links
Can you scan in the instructions for each bit of kit?

sorry I don't have a scanner... what should I look out for on the instructions? Is there anything standard that would usually cause the lamps to slowly flash when put it up to the brighter light, that won't happen when the lights are low?

I just noticed on the lutron 450 W/VA switch it's a 'multiway' switch. I only have one switch to this lamp. Does that make a difference?

FYI, I've used the same switch somewhere else - another place with only one switch and a pendant light. I tried swapping things over and use that switch on these lights too. Same thing happens.

Actually just found this for the bulb specs

http://download.p4c.philips.com/l4b/9/924059017161_eu/924059017161_eu_pss_aen.pdf

this for the flos lamp

http://www.flosusa.com/productSpecSheetArch.php?cat=1&fam=2&model=117&cname=Compass Box&lamp=17

and the lutron switch I can't find instrucitons for...

Sponsored Links
Have a look at leading edge and trailing edge in the instructions.

Some transformers can only be dimmed by one type of dimmer, some can be dimmed by both.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back