Installing a shower fan light wiring problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i just bought a Manrose showerlite with fan and timer.

I wired the light through the transformer into the lighting circuit and the fan directly into the lighting circuit as per the diagram but the fan does not work.

It says you can either have a separate pull cord fornthe fan or use the timer but wiring directly which is what i have done. But the fan does not work.

Any help gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
No i have not as it says you don't need to, it states either / or......

Am i just being dumb and i actually need to have a pull switch in the system for the fan to work?

Of course.

You need a neutral. a live and a switched live. Just like it shows in the Manrose diagram.
EDIT. The pullswitch is the bathroom light switch.

The light will have a neutral and a switched live. You'll also need a permanent live. Usually all three are present at the light fiting itself (depends on your house wiring).

PS Where have you located the 3 pole isolation switch for the fan?
Is your bathroom lighting circuit protected by an RCD?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that.

There was no isolator on the previous installation, but i was planning to put this outside the bathroom as per the instructions.

Yes, it does have an RCD on the lighting circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back