Replacing double dimmer with double switch. Bridge wire?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am just trying to replace a double dimmer with a double switch and there is just one wire that is confusing me, the one highlighted with the arrow.

If we consider the dimmer closest to us in the picture, I was expecting to just take the red coming from the top of the wall box out and fix to COM on one side of the new double switch, and take the red coming from the bottom of the wall box to L1 of the new switch, and do the same with the other side of the dimmer, but the wire that bridges between the two dimmer sections (the connectors are marked with what looks like a wave with an arrow through) I don't know what to do with.

Any advice appreciated.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Install it between the two common terminals on your new switch. Also put one of each of the bottom two reds into each common terminals so you have a red wire and one end of the link in each common terminal.

Then the two top wires into the L1 terminals on your new switch. ! wire in each terminal.

If your new switch is also metal, you must install a link of green and yellow wire from the earth terminal int he back box to the earth terminal on the switch plate.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back