Underfloor heating control unit goes blank, won't turn on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had electrical underfloor heating for 4 years. 5 mats each with an Aube TH132 control unit and Aube PB130 base. The largest controls a mat of approx 21 sq metres and it doesn't work.

When the control unit switches on after a minute or so the LCD display fades and goes blank, resets and the floor will not get warm. I swapped the control unit to another mat and it works fine, but a new unit on the original base/mat has the same problem - blank screen, no heat and then the display reads as if it has been turned on after initial installation.

All other mats are OK, so I think maybe I need a new base unit? Also the resistive load on the base should not exceed 3450Watts and I wonder if that may be the reason it has failed. I have read that a contactor and a snubber may be needed, but have no idea whether my system has them or where they might be sited.

Sorry for so many questions :oops: but any advice would be helpful, thanks Mick :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Aube is (now) owned by Honeywell.

The user instructions can be found at http://www.aubetech.com/manuel/2/TH132-A-F-AF-230.pdf
There are technical help numbers at the end of the document. (France and Canada).
May be best plan to email or call them for advice.

It does say "If you have any questions concerning the programming of
the TH132 programmable thermostat, call our technical
support team"...................

Edit
To contact us:

Automation & Control Solutions
705 avenue Montrichard
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu (Québec) J2X 5K8
Canada

Phone: (450) 358-4600
1-800-831-AUBE
Fax: (450) 358-4650

Sales support: [email protected]
Technical support: [email protected]

Honeywell/Aube were very helpful, received email with advice from a Mr Stanton here in UK, turns out base unit is dead so ordered another (original now obsolete) which should arrive tomorrow.
Wiring it in is a piece of cake - swapped one in from another mat.
Have no contactor or snubber

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back