Wiring New Nest Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could possibly help out with the wiring of my new nest Thermostat

I currently have a standard set up with a Promax Combi Boiler with its own timing clock etc built into the front, which connects to a budget thermostat.

http://www.potterton.co.uk/docs/Potterton_Promax_Combi_HE_A_Installation_guide.pdf

This is my boiler guide / includes wiring diagrams.

The new NEST thermostat has a 'Heat Link' which needs to be connected to the boiler and a separate thermostat.

The thermostat looks straight forward, just would like some advice on how I wire the Heat Link if anyone can help.

Power Supply needs to come from a fuse spur, which I'm assuming will be ok to share the supply the boiler uses?
Its Connections 1 , 2 and 3 i'm not sure how to deal with / connecting with the boiler.

Hope someone can help

Thank you

Ben

Sponsored Links
thank you for the post, but I couldn't find anything here which answered my question

Sponsored Links
Can you see where the wire from your existing stat to your boiler is?

Switch off the power to your boiler. Remove the cover from your existing stat and tell us how many wires are in there, or better still, post a photo of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back