Wiring up ceiling lights in new extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for advice. Im connecting new ceiling lights into a new extension but when i removed the existing light caps i found so many wires I have no idea how to connect a new light to these. I think it must be the new EU wiring circuits?
There are 2 lights in the room and are connected.
please see the 2 pictures ive added.
Any advice as how to connect a new light with standard live/earth/neutral wirinmg to these would be great.

Kind Regards

[/img]

Sponsored Links
I take it that's two pictures of the same light?

What wires in the second light?

Basically you need to 'copy' the wiring to suit the new fittings. You may need some additional connector blocks to accomodate some of the connections.

Hi,

Any advice as how to connect a new light with standard live/earth/neutral wirinmg to these would be great.

If you are installing a new fitting to this wiring and removing the ceiling rose, you need to copy down what wires you have going where.
The central (three) terminals is the live loop, this will have live feed in/out and a switch cable in it. These must be connected together in separate terminal block, if a spare is not available on new fitting.
The two blue cables on the bottom of picture one will go in to the neutral terminal with the blue flex of the lamp and the blue and brown sleeved yellow cable at the top of this picture in to the the live terminal with the brown flex of the lamp.
And the earth/CPC to the earth/CPC terminal!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back