Wiring up Heatmister DS1-L to Alpha CB24 combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to wire up my Alpha CB24 boiler to a room thermostat and am a little stuck on where the A1 wire from the thermostat goes to in the boiler?

My current plan is to connect the live and neutral in the thermostat to the live and neutral in the boiler which I believe will give the thermostat power.

The 3rd wire from the thermostat A1 (Using 230V switching mode) should go to either terminal 1 or 2 in the boiler. I do not know which one.

The boiler has a clock on the front of it, will this affect the running of the thermostat?

Sponsored Links
Well, you should really have either:

4 core + E wire to the thermostat (ideally) or
a thermostat that does not require a neutral or
a programmable thermostat (which includes a clock).

Doing it your way will mean the clock and thermostat will operate independently.

I would rather do away with the clock and just use the room thermostat to run the heating.

On second reading it will be alright.

Remove the link between terminals 1 and 2 at the boiler and connect the switched live from the thermostat to terminal 1.

This will still allow the clock to be operational as well.

Sponsored Links
Awesome EFLImpudence,

Everything seems to be working perfectly.

Thanks for your depth of knowledge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back