Garden/Driveway concrete - type of finish?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm having some new concrete installed on my driveway and garden but my builder is saying its better to have tamped finish rather than brush finish due to weather affecting the brush finish...ie the brush finish will keep water in due to frost and crack etc but i get the feeling he's wanting an easy job with tamped finish?

Can anyone please comment/advise?

Thanks, ash

Sponsored Links
Suppose it means he can get away a bit sooner and not hang around until it goes off a bit to brush it.

Must admit, concrete drives don't really float my boat but each to their own. Tarmac seems a bit more giving, and cheaper than block paving. We're going to get ours done next year and will probably go for the tarmac.

Sponsored Links
Must admit, concrete drives don't really float my boat but each to their own.
I have concrete driveway but not too keen, got bricks round the edge and some internal pattern to break it up a bit, 23 yrs later still looks new, tarmac all right but can be a problem on hot day or oil leaks from cars, block pavings all right for the 1st year but looks pale and dated later on specially with weeds problem, can't win really! imprinted concrete seem to be catching on around here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back