Advice on lights for the garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I'm looking for opinions on lighting in my garage, this is to be used as a gym as well.

pictures below, currently has 2 halogen lights which are not bright enough, I was thinking having 2 single flurescent light on each side following the joist rather than going across them. Or shall i have 1 twin? Dont need it super bright, but nice well lit room.

Walls are to be painted white and floor tile red. My motorbike will also live in here, sometimes the car will too when I'm detailing.

P1000472Copy.jpg

P1000473Copy.jpg

Sponsored Links
If you work on vehicles in there put a flurescent tube on each wall at ceiling height then you will not be working in your own shadow. If for general use I just put a line of tubes straight down the middle with cages over to prevent damage when I'm swinging timber around in there.
Can't see any diagonal timber tying in the roof and rafter timbers, is it finished yet?

yes this is finished, its an 12 yr old house.

not really working on the car as much, more like a gym and part time detailing the car + bike

Sponsored Links
flourescent tubes woud brighten it up.

or you could put drop pendants up and have the bulbs a bit lower into the garage, or get some cheap white emulsion mix say 100ml water per 900ml paint for the first coat then roller the walls white. I will make it a lot brighter in there too.

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back