Help fixing a wall mounted post box to railings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to get a post box for my house to fix on railings, but all the ones I've found are prohibitively expensive - £179 or more. I have seen several post boxes that have drilled holes that you could fix to a wall. Could anyone recommend a method of fixing one of these wall mounted letter boxes to railings?

Thanks - and sorry if this is not in the right forum!

Sponsored Links
You could put a horizontal strip on the other side of the railings - either wood or preferably metal - and then bolt through this into the post box.

As above, metal is best,piece of ally, you can buy strips in the diy shops. If you do use wood, paint or stain it first.

Thanks guys, what's the best way of drilling the holes in the metal - I'm a bit of a DIY novice and don't really have the tools to do it. Could I go somewhere and get them to do it for me?

Sponsored Links
Do you have a drill & drill bits (suitable for metal)?.
If not, you may find an independant diy shop may do it for you, or even an engineering company. Just take a sketch with dimensions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back