1360 X 768 res on a FULL HD TV??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Snaffled me a 42" LCD Full HD TV last night namely the Hitachi L42VP01

Have connected it as a monitor to my laptop and can only get 1360 X 768 res although the TV supposedly is capable of 1920 X 1080

The laptop has always been used to connect to a 23" LCD as Full HD res so I know its not the laptop or the RGB cable?

I have asked a few colleagues in work if they think it could be cos am using an RGB as oppose to a HDMI but first guess it the TV will not have a different Native resolution per input connection

Here is the exact model of TV and it shows the full spec

http://www.lcd-tv-reviews.org.uk/hitachi/hitachi-l42vp01-42-inch-lcd-tv-review/

Any help would be great

Sponsored Links
What's the highest resolution of your graphics card? I reckon that will be the limiting factor.

Sponsored Links
That's lame. :( FullHD should be 1920x1080. Even our crappy 42" Mirai does 1920x1080 on the VGA as well as the HDMI from the computer.

VGA - VGA is not accepted as a true HD connection.

HDMI or DVI are the two outputs you would want.

However if the TV is true HD, thats 1080P, then regardless of the manual, if the input from the computer is at the correct res, then the TV will display it if the correct connector is used!

Hope this is of some help.

just use a HDMI cable then, and I doubt your mirai does 1080 on VGA...

I have a LCD 23" monitor full HD and I get 1080 using a RGB

I did however buy a DVI - HDMI cable but it kind of didnt work as expected so I have a graphics card arriving tomorrow that has HDMI output, shall suck and see

The desktop in 1080 was larger than the actual screen size so I lost about 1" around all the sides of the screen so i could only see the top right corner of the start button for example

And I had to reduce the resolution slightly in order to see the whole desktop and this had the opposite effect, this gave me a 1" black border round the whole desktop

I put it down to the fact I was using a DVI output into a HDMI input, will report back tomorrow if I get a fully working 1080 using my HDMI graphics card

The desktop in 1080 was larger than the actual screen size so I lost about 1" around all the sides of the screen so i could only see the top right corner of the start button for example

And I had to reduce the resolution slightly in order to see the whole desktop and this had the opposite effect, this gave me a 1" black border round the whole desktop

I put it down to the fact I was using a DVI output into a HDMI input, will report back tomorrow if I get a fully working 1080 using my HDMI graphics card

No, DVI and HDMI are essentially the same. That's called overscan, and the TV should have a setting to disable it.

Am sure I looked at the TV settings and could't change it?

Will have another look!

Will have another look!

Look for an input mode with options like 16:9, 4:3, there should be one called 'only scan' or 'don't scan', something like that. Alternatively a dedicated PC input with no overscan.

Will have another look!

Look for an input mode with options like 16:9, 4:3, there should be one called 'only scan' or 'don't scan', something like that. Alternatively a dedicated PC input with no overscan.

Cannot find that anywhere?? Although I am on 1080i and am sure this can do 1080P

Res is 1768 x 992 just 1 notch down from the 1080 res and I have a 2 CM black border round my screen, if I go to 1080 the desktop goes larger than my screen by about the same

Any ideas, I could just have a really old TV its LCD Hitachi

http://www.itproportal.com/2009/06/18/399-hitachi-42-inch-fhd1080p-lcd-tv-full-hd-1920x1080/

ooh fixed, i had a snide little button on my remote that changed the apsect, cheers for ya help monkey!!!

Sponsored Links
Back