Weber Render

as far as I know I am the only one with an issue, I have had a look at a lot of them and there seems to be a number of different beads used on different houses.

The latest incident occured due to the wind, which blew over the blue bin, which caught the corner of the house and took two big chunks with it!

More has come off round the windows as well.

Not sure if anybody has any dealings with MCC, the sub contractor who carried out the work?

Sponsored Links
what does mcc stand for? surely nhbc will pick up on it not being thick enough. is there shadow lines showing through where the blocks have been laid?

im starting a house next week just along the road from you, pop in if you want to see how it should be done

no, starting one in cairneyhill. same spec, just with k-rend instead of weber and done correctly

Sponsored Links
Hope you get it sorted soon buddy it's not good seeing mono jobs go tits up. We have seen jobs like this if applyed in cold weather frost snow ect even in really hot weather if it drys to quick. hade render go on reveals if the beads are pony min is 10mm if spoken to the rep at weber and if applied over a backing coat (rend-aid) 10mm is fine. Thin coat is a good plan but if the beads are naff then your just addy to the problem money wise and in the long run if knocked agen then it will just keep poping off. You can't take beads off and add deeper ones ((10mm/15mm)) if your finding that its now hanpening in new places then maybe the the mono is just too thin. End result hack off and replace OR over render fix aqua panel base coat then thin coat sorted

alright mate,im new to forum.if its a true one coat render,like straight onto blocks then bead depth will be 15 mm,it may be thinner if its a thin coat system,is it block work behind render?,and as far as weber is concerned they are a waste of time and will always find fault with applicator and not there product,end off.find out exactly what system it is then hold builder to acount if hes cut corners,ie the beads,hope you get it sorted

As an update to this, the NHBC have now been out twice and have finally produced a report.

Sadly this states that whilst both Weber and the NHBC would prefer to see the bead replaced, the NHBC apparently cannot be prescriptive, they can only make recommendations. It is up to the builder to decide upon the best course of action.

The upshot is that the builder has no intention of removing the bead, they are just going to patch the areas that have failed (most corners).

Dont know what anybody else thinks but I am not happy about doing this to a new house (3 years old now).

I just have this vision of a badly resprayed car. I also believe that it will fail again, Weber are also of this opinion.

Do I let them patch it or just take out a loan and pay for it to be redone in white myself. That in itself has issues as the house is a timber kit and it would apparently destroy it during removal. It has been suggested a silicone type render could be put over the top once the beads on the corners had been replaced but this is expensive :(

A thin coat acrylic render over the top will be fine may i suggest parex or weatherby are by far the to pot best thin coat renders on the market

Meant to update this ages ago....

The builder finally accepted responsibility and following a meeting with the Managing Director, full settlement was received in Feb 14.

The damaged areas were all removed (all corners etc) and built back out, following which the house was fully re rendered using STO silicone render.

Been complete since April 2014 and looks fantastic.

NHBC were useless, they were quite happy to let the builder patch it up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back